Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

On connecting Apple CarPlay with a lightning connector message says that it has a liquid

I have been trying for days to connect my Apple CarPlay to my car. I keep getting a message saying that there is liquid in the lightning connector and it needs to dry and it will take several hours. But I have tried several different connectors and they all say the same thing. Anyone else have this problem?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 28, 2023 8:04 AM

3 replies

Aug 28, 2023 8:52 AM in response to JohnnyCBR

You may have a hardware problem with your charging port. Or, you may just have debris lodged in it. In most cases, compressed air won't do anything and may just force things deeper into the port.

Under a strong light and with a magnifier if you have one, use a non-conductive tool like a toothpick to carefully remove any pocket lint or other cruft from the port. Because you've been pushing a cable into the port, anything in there has been pushed into the very back of the port. It can get pretty solidly wedged back there so, it may take you some time to pry it loose. Once you've pried everything out, then a burst of compressed air might clear any bits.

If that doesn't help, contact Apple. They may be able to do some of the diagnostics remotely.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Aug 28, 2023 8:11 AM in response to JohnnyCBR

If you recently got liquid in the charger port then the phone itself won't allow anything to connect via the lightning port to protect itself, If this is true I would give the port time to dry, or if you want to expedite the process I would take a can of compressed air if you have it and give the port a quick burst, if you don't have a can of air taking some thin cloth and trying to clean the port could help

If you didn't get water in the port then I would guess the phone is acting up and I would restart it by holding the volume up and power button and selecting power off

If neither of these solutions work then I would recommend taking your phone into the Apple Store or an authorized repair center for service

On connecting Apple CarPlay with a lightning connector message says that it has a liquid

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.