Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Can’t Organise Pictures from Recent Album

I have several construction sites around my city and in each one I take several pictures, every day. Normally (in a Samsung) I would just move those pictures from the camera roll to specific album and they would be perfectly organized. But in Iphone there is no camera roll, there is only a recent album with literally every picture I have there (I have around 4000), I have no clue if I moved that to an album already or if it’s still only in recent album, no clue if it’s organized yet. And the worst part is that when I move the photos to an album those photos stay in the recent album, so it’s impossible for me to be sure that they are moved. What can I do? Please tell me there is something I can do because I bought a 1000€ iPhone two days ago just because everyone said it was a great tool with I cloud photos, but there must be a way to organise the photos. Please help.

iPhone 14

Posted on Aug 28, 2023 11:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2023 12:09 PM

It is not possible to remove photos from any album, that has been created automatically by Photos. The albums Recents, Imports, the Media Kind albums, All Photos, etc, are automatically populated by Photos, based on all photos in your library. To remove a photo from recents, you would have to delete it from Photos, and it will vanish from all albums. Albums are not storing photos, they are referencing the photos in the library, so each photo is only stored once, independent of the number of albums it has been added to.

You can only remove photos from albums you create yourself.

To keep track of the photos you have already added to an album, you could create a new album "My Recents" with all the recent photos; then use this new album to distribute the photo from there to there albums. From your own "My Recents" you can remove the photos again, once you have added them to another album.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2023 12:09 PM in response to Antoniovpst

It is not possible to remove photos from any album, that has been created automatically by Photos. The albums Recents, Imports, the Media Kind albums, All Photos, etc, are automatically populated by Photos, based on all photos in your library. To remove a photo from recents, you would have to delete it from Photos, and it will vanish from all albums. Albums are not storing photos, they are referencing the photos in the library, so each photo is only stored once, independent of the number of albums it has been added to.

You can only remove photos from albums you create yourself.

To keep track of the photos you have already added to an album, you could create a new album "My Recents" with all the recent photos; then use this new album to distribute the photo from there to there albums. From your own "My Recents" you can remove the photos again, once you have added them to another album.

Can’t Organise Pictures from Recent Album

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.