Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Some NEW messages are not showing up on my Mac

Some messages that are working on my iOS devices no longer are on my Mac. Everything is backed up on iCloud. Had to re-install Ventura 13.5.1 and since then some setting perhaps is the culprit. My desktop is the M1 Mac Studio. Whadda think Apple geeks?

Posted on Aug 28, 2023 11:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2023 12:18 PM

Do you mean Messages in iMessages? Or email messages? If you mean Messages, check to make sure that Text Message Forwarding is still properly enabled in (on your iPhone), Settings>Messages>Text Message Forwarding.

Forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your Mac or iPad - Apple Support

3 replies

Aug 28, 2023 1:47 PM in response to mitch.rodman

mitch.rodman wrote:

Follow up question. What would cause the forwarding switch to be off when it never was touched. My guess when you re-install an macOS as I did it resets to the default on the iPhone right?

Glad it helped.

As to why it went wrong? Resintalling macOS is a good guess. Or, as I used to answer people when I was doing tech support for a cell phone company, "It could also be aliens, cosmic rays, or demonic possession". Sometimes, we just don't know.

Some NEW messages are not showing up on my Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.