I don't know what to do with this article. I can't get into my apple ID. Is there anyway to get into it without the iPhone?

My boyfriend got locked out of his phone, and he doesn't remember his apple ID password. I'm just trying to figure out how to get into the apple ID to change his passcode on his iPhone without using the phone itself.

Posted on Aug 28, 2023 2:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2023 3:13 PM

There is no option to change an iPhone passcode except on the phone itself, and you need the old passcode to do that.

For a forgotten passcode, see:

If you see an iPhone or iPad unavailable message or Security Lockout screen - Apple Support

If that is not an option, you will need to use a computer. See: If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

Also, there is an Apple article that explains what to do if you have forgotten your Apple password. Click on the following link: If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2023 3:13 PM in response to kenna07

There is no option to change an iPhone passcode except on the phone itself, and you need the old passcode to do that.

For a forgotten passcode, see:

If you see an iPhone or iPad unavailable message or Security Lockout screen - Apple Support

If that is not an option, you will need to use a computer. See: If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

Also, there is an Apple article that explains what to do if you have forgotten your Apple password. Click on the following link: If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

I don't know what to do with this article. I can't get into my apple ID. Is there anyway to get into it without the iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.