when i purchase songs or albums from itunes and then sync them on my ipod the songs do not sync with the ipod. it is very frustrating

i have windows 11. the album i purchased goes into my library. i have 60 gb free on the ipod. when i go to sync it itunes or my library and my ipod(purchased last year) the album does not sync.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Aug 30, 2023 6:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2023 10:37 AM

Things to check:

1. do you subscribe to iTunes Match
  2. do you subscribe to Apple Music
  3. Do the songs on the album play in your iTunes Library? (If they do not, and there is an exclamation mark next to each song, that will be the reason why they don't get added to the iPod). We can investigate this issue further if there is an exclamation mark
  4. What are your Sync settings?:
    • Sync entire library - that should add the music to your iPod (but make sure that the songs are ticked in your library
    • Sync selected playlists, artists, albums and genres - if you have this option selected, you need to ensure that the new albums are included in one of the lists that are set to be added to the iPod. For example, if you sync only certain playlists, then the new album must be in one of those playlists

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 30, 2023 10:37 AM in response to brianfromthornbury

Things to check:

1. do you subscribe to iTunes Match
  2. do you subscribe to Apple Music
  3. Do the songs on the album play in your iTunes Library? (If they do not, and there is an exclamation mark next to each song, that will be the reason why they don't get added to the iPod). We can investigate this issue further if there is an exclamation mark
  4. What are your Sync settings?:
    • Sync entire library - that should add the music to your iPod (but make sure that the songs are ticked in your library
    • Sync selected playlists, artists, albums and genres - if you have this option selected, you need to ensure that the new albums are included in one of the lists that are set to be added to the iPod. For example, if you sync only certain playlists, then the new album must be in one of those playlists

when i purchase songs or albums from itunes and then sync them on my ipod the songs do not sync with the ipod. it is very frustrating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.