App windows disappear

I am trying to upload a file to Safari by dragging it to the Flickr upload screen. When in Finder, I click on the Finder window, Safari disappears.. I go to the dock and click on the Safari icon to see Safari. When I do that the finder window disappears

...How am I supposed to drag and drop a file like I have been doing since the late 1980s?

Where's: UNHIDE ALL WINDOWS? Am I missing something?

I Checked Finder and SAFARI settings, Finder and Safari VIEW and WINDOW menus, In System Settings I checked: Desktop and Dock, General, Appearance, and Displays, Privacy etc etc, .

Also why is Safari disappearing when I open the System Settings?

iMac, macOS 10.12

Posted on Aug 30, 2023 11:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2023 5:37 PM

I am guessing you have Safari open in Full Screen mode. To exit Full Screen, use Safari's View menu > Exit Full Screen.

Then, you can resize the Safari window so that you can see Finder windows alongside it. Drag and drop your file into Flickr.

If that does not immediately provide some insight, the next question to ask is if you are using more than one Desktop. You can have as many Desktops open as you wish. One of them might have a Safari window open, another one might have the Finder window you need, yet another one might have System Settings... etc.

Manage Desktops with Mission Control: Change Mission Control preferences on Mac - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 30, 2023 5:37 PM in response to AmyMadwed

I am guessing you have Safari open in Full Screen mode. To exit Full Screen, use Safari's View menu > Exit Full Screen.

Then, you can resize the Safari window so that you can see Finder windows alongside it. Drag and drop your file into Flickr.

If that does not immediately provide some insight, the next question to ask is if you are using more than one Desktop. You can have as many Desktops open as you wish. One of them might have a Safari window open, another one might have the Finder window you need, yet another one might have System Settings... etc.

Manage Desktops with Mission Control: Change Mission Control preferences on Mac - Apple Support

Sep 2, 2023 2:12 AM in response to John Galt

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I have been using Macs since the 1980s ..I know all about window sizing and positioning-Was not that

.I got stuck in a Finder loop of HIDE FINDER and/or HIDE OTHERS would not leave that state for several weeks. . I must have hit the wrong key command. Whatever happened, I couldn't get SHOW ALL to work. it was either Apps or Finder. That went on for several weeks then it stopped. I wish I knew how that happened as it's been an occasional 'repeat offender'

Thanks!

App windows disappear

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.