Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to keep windows open when opening new app in stage manager? PLEASE HELP!

When I use stage manager and I have open a file, why do all the other widows disappear. I am using safari, and I need to open a PDF or image to pull some information from it. Then safari automatically get minimized. This is so annoying.

Is there an option to just keep the all the windows open when opening a new app?

Apple please fix this because this is the dumbest UX UI experience ever on an otherwise useful tool.

MacBook Pro (M1, 2020)

Posted on Mar 11, 2023 3:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2023 4:01 PM

there are possible ways that I can think of to fix it

1(Try and use the keyboard shortcut to switch apps by holding command+tab and once the apps show on the middle of the screen use the left/right keys to switch.

2(On the bottom right there are windows that you just opened so try clicking that

3(Try minimizing the window that you just opened

Hope it works!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 11, 2023 4:01 PM in response to AlexSander28

there are possible ways that I can think of to fix it

1(Try and use the keyboard shortcut to switch apps by holding command+tab and once the apps show on the middle of the screen use the left/right keys to switch.

2(On the bottom right there are windows that you just opened so try clicking that

3(Try minimizing the window that you just opened

Hope it works!

How to keep windows open when opening new app in stage manager? PLEASE HELP!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.