Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Did my iPhone 11 get hacked?

I was doing a Yahoo search and clicked on a website and immediately got a message from "Apple Security" saying my phone was hacked and that I should go to Apple Security which took me to the Apple App store and a security software app. How can I tell if I got hacked or have viruses on my phone (such as Pegasus)? Was this just a scare tactic to buy a security app?

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 30, 2023 10:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2023 10:30 PM

Your iPhone 11 is not hacked. It also does not have a virus. You are right when you stated that it was a scare tactic and a scam to trick you into purchasing a security app. That notification was not from Apple Security. I hope that you did not enter any login credentials on any of the websites it may have led you to.

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 30, 2023 10:30 PM in response to Lowtechfriend

Your iPhone 11 is not hacked. It also does not have a virus. You are right when you stated that it was a scare tactic and a scam to trick you into purchasing a security app. That notification was not from Apple Security. I hope that you did not enter any login credentials on any of the websites it may have led you to.

Axel F.

Aug 30, 2023 10:47 PM in response to Lowtechfriend

Lowtechfriend Said:

"Did my iPhone 11 get hacked?: I was doing a Yahoo search and clicked on a website and immediately got a message from "Apple Security" saying my phone was hacked and that I should go to Apple Security which took me to the Apple App store and a security software app. How can I tell if I got hacked or have viruses on my phone (such as Pegasus)? Was this just a scare tactic to buy a security app?"

-------

That is a Scam Message:

So, what to do...

A. Force Restart your iPhone:

To safely get out of this, Force Restart your iPhone. Go here: Force Restart iPhone - Apple Support

and...

B. Report this to Apple:

So, report this message info to Apple, and your federal government, if an option. Provide the screenshot and the URL of this thread. Use my User: Using the Photos App to Report Scams - User Tip

Did my iPhone 11 get hacked?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.