Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

VO2 Max stopped recording, tried everything

I regularly use my watch to track VO2 max and sit has completely stopped. I’ve tried everything including recalibrating, restart, full system reset. It refuses to track anymore. BUG.

Posted on Aug 31, 2023 5:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2023 2:07 PM

Force restart your watch i.e. press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for at least 10 seconds, then release both buttons when you see the Apple logo. 

Then while the Watch is restarting Force Restart the paired iPhone 

Force restart iPhone - Apple Support

Your Apple Watch uses the personal information that you provide in Watch app, My Watch,  Health, Health details,  to help calculate metrics for your daily activity. You can further improve its accuracy using these tips.Get the most accurate measurements using your Apple Watch - Apple Support

If no better  then Unpair the watch and then pair it again. 

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2023 2:07 PM in response to Dk2669

Force restart your watch i.e. press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for at least 10 seconds, then release both buttons when you see the Apple logo. 

Then while the Watch is restarting Force Restart the paired iPhone 

Force restart iPhone - Apple Support

Your Apple Watch uses the personal information that you provide in Watch app, My Watch,  Health, Health details,  to help calculate metrics for your daily activity. You can further improve its accuracy using these tips.Get the most accurate measurements using your Apple Watch - Apple Support

If no better  then Unpair the watch and then pair it again. 

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

VO2 Max stopped recording, tried everything

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.