Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Hi how can I listen to a film on my iPad Air with my wife not using AirPods?

I’ve just updated to iPad Air, and I may old iPad I could share with my wife to watch a movie on the plane with cable headphones, now I have a iPad Air and telling me I have got to buy air pods, is there another way?

Posted on Aug 31, 2023 12:26 PM

8 replies

Apr 25, 2024 12:39 PM in response to Tuffters

You say you just updated to iPad Air...Do you know which model you got? If you got the newest one, then it's most likely got a USB-C connector on the bottom. You can purchase a USB-C to headphone splitter and connect a couple of sets of headphones that way. You can get one that just has two ports for headphones, or you can get something that has a USB-C port with it to allow for charging as well while both of them are plugged in. If you still have a lightning port on the bottom (if it's an older iPad Air model) you can still find the same type of splitter connector for that as well.

If you're looking to go wireless and using bluetooth then you're going to have to get a couple of pairs of bluetooth headphones that are compatible with sharing the audio which are going to be ones like AirPods or some Beats headphone models as those are the only ones that will support this feature with the OS.

Aug 31, 2023 12:43 PM in response to Tuffters

Hello!

I assume that you're using Bluetooth headphones with your new iPad.

To share audio with your wife, you'll need a pair of compatible headphones.

Supported models are listed here:

Share audio with AirPods or Beats headphones – Apple Support (AU)

If you want to use two cable headphones, you can buy one of this accessories (this one is from Walmart):

They are not from Apple but they'll do the job!

Hi how can I listen to a film on my iPad Air with my wife not using AirPods?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.