Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Battery drain so fast

I got my ipad pro 12 m2 6 months ago but the battery is draining so fast..this happened Aug 10. As per apple support there is no problem with my battery but i know there is something wrong..before i can use my ipad for 2 days before i charge and now it is not even 12 hours it needs ro be charged. Even if not using the battery is draining so fast..i need to turn off my ipad before bed time otherwise it will be dead the time i woke up…Now i need to go to to a repair tech and travel 5 hrs back and forth for this..this is a nightmare and i am afraid of upgrading my apple devices because this might happen to my new devices too..and what if the apple repair tech will tell me i have to pay to fix the battery when this is apple issue and this is ony 6 month old..just wanted to bring my dissapoitment and hopefully ig gets fixed. I plan to go to apple repair center next week..

Posted on Aug 31, 2023 2:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2023 2:30 PM

Changes in software such as upgrades may introduce new features which may add to power drain and heat generation. Check Settings > Battery feature to see if there are apps or services running that use a lot of power. If there are, decide if you need them running all the time, can turn off a service when an app is in the background, or disable the feature completely. Read this support article to learn about the battery health feature. —> iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support

Refer to this post for good tips on reducing battery use on your device --> iPhone 14 pro battery health reduced to 9… - Apple Community

Addendum to #11. Use 4G/LTE instead of 5G. Use 5G with your iPad - Apple Support

Here is a related post in the context of device heating. --> iphone pho max 14 phone gets hot - Apple Community

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2023 2:30 PM in response to Cindytiong

Changes in software such as upgrades may introduce new features which may add to power drain and heat generation. Check Settings > Battery feature to see if there are apps or services running that use a lot of power. If there are, decide if you need them running all the time, can turn off a service when an app is in the background, or disable the feature completely. Read this support article to learn about the battery health feature. —> iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support

Refer to this post for good tips on reducing battery use on your device --> iPhone 14 pro battery health reduced to 9… - Apple Community

Addendum to #11. Use 4G/LTE instead of 5G. Use 5G with your iPad - Apple Support

Here is a related post in the context of device heating. --> iphone pho max 14 phone gets hot - Apple Community

Battery drain so fast

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.