Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Find my device

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS Version 16.6. Set up a new air tag but there is no device tab under Find My. How do I find the item I set up as "wallet"?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Aug 31, 2023 3:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2023 1:18 PM

Hey gate230,

We'd first recommend double checking the steps here:

Set up your AirTag
1. Make sure that your device is ready for setup.
2. If your AirTag is new, remove the wrap around the product and pull out the tab to activate the battery. Your AirTag will play a sound.
3. Hold your AirTag near your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, then tap Connect.* If you have multiple AirTags and see "More than one AirTag detected", make sure that only one AirTag is near your device at one time. Need help connecting your AirTag
4. Select an item name from the list, or select Custom Name to name your AirTag and choose an emoji. Then tap Continue.
5. To register your AirTag with your Apple ID, tap Continue again. 
6. Tap Done. 
Now you can attach your AirTag to your item and see it in the Find My app

If those were the steps taken to setup your AirTag, you should be able to see it in the Find My app > Items. You can also rename the AirTag to reflect whatever you're tracking.

Let us know if this helps.

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2023 1:18 PM in response to gate230

Hey gate230,

We'd first recommend double checking the steps here:

Set up your AirTag
1. Make sure that your device is ready for setup.
2. If your AirTag is new, remove the wrap around the product and pull out the tab to activate the battery. Your AirTag will play a sound.
3. Hold your AirTag near your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, then tap Connect.* If you have multiple AirTags and see "More than one AirTag detected", make sure that only one AirTag is near your device at one time. Need help connecting your AirTag
4. Select an item name from the list, or select Custom Name to name your AirTag and choose an emoji. Then tap Continue.
5. To register your AirTag with your Apple ID, tap Continue again. 
6. Tap Done. 
Now you can attach your AirTag to your item and see it in the Find My app

If those were the steps taken to setup your AirTag, you should be able to see it in the Find My app > Items. You can also rename the AirTag to reflect whatever you're tracking.

Let us know if this helps.

Cheers!

Find my device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.