Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Can we have individual volume controls for each app please?

No more explanation needed other than the title.

I don't know why this isn't a thing.

MacBook Pro 14″

Posted on Aug 31, 2023 5:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2023 6:05 PM

The thing is, it should be a basic feature. Why should I go and find the settings of the app I am using if I could just click the volume icon at the top of my screen and lower the volume of whatever i want. For a OS that tries to simplify its users lives, it's making it more complicated by not having it.

9 replies

Aug 31, 2023 5:46 PM in response to FernandoE99

Feedback would be the way to go here. App developers also have the ability to include volume settings on their apps that could be different than your system volume. You can send feedback to the app developer for a feature enhancement to their app that would allow you to set the volume there if it is an App other than the installed Apple apps on Ventura.

Aug 31, 2023 7:37 PM in response to FernandoE99

FernandoE99 wrote:

For a OS that tries to simplify its users lives, it's making it more complicated by not having it.

FWIW, having settings for separate apps is more complex than having just a global setting. I actually have two apps that have volume settings for separate apps and I never use the settings. Just to add, I also have TVs and none have separate volume controls for each channel.

Can we have individual volume controls for each app please?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.