Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Photo storage issues on iPhone 13

I recently deleted all of my photos after backing them all up to Google Photos. The storage shows that the photos app isn’t taking up all the space anymore, but instead all of it seemed to have moved to system data. Frustrated since if I knew this was going to happen I’d not have deleted it from my device. Thanks to the backup, I still have my photos but my storage is still not fixed.

Posted on Sep 1, 2023 3:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2023 11:32 AM

Actually if it is system Other you can usually clear it by Backup, erase all content and settings, then restore from backup.

Allow a couple of hours: 

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support 

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support 

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2023 11:32 AM in response to skullskullskull

Actually if it is system Other you can usually clear it by Backup, erase all content and settings, then restore from backup.

Allow a couple of hours: 

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support 

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support 

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Photo storage issues on iPhone 13

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.