Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

iMessage NOT syncing across iPhone 14 Pro Max and MacBook Pro Catalina MacOS.

I read an older thread about this issue with many proposed solutions which I tried and it didn't work. I'm thinking my Macbook Pro (2012) is no longer compatible with the new operating s ystems. Some messages come thru - but not all. Any thoughts?

Posted on Sep 2, 2023 12:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2023 5:09 PM

iMessage only works on the Mac and iPad with messenging with other iOS and Mac OS devices. Android phones can't communicate with anything but iPhone. If any of the messages are out of sync with your phone, they likely are messages from Androids. Make sure your Messages App has both your phone number and iCloud email account registered for best compatibility in the preferences.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 11, 2023 5:09 PM in response to vickigrim

iMessage only works on the Mac and iPad with messenging with other iOS and Mac OS devices. Android phones can't communicate with anything but iPhone. If any of the messages are out of sync with your phone, they likely are messages from Androids. Make sure your Messages App has both your phone number and iCloud email account registered for best compatibility in the preferences.

iMessage NOT syncing across iPhone 14 Pro Max and MacBook Pro Catalina MacOS.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.