Newsroom Update

Today, Apple announced that from 2020 through 2023, the App Store prevented a total of over $7 billion in potentially fraudulent transactions. Learn more >

Im still unable to download apps even with family sharing. I’m the main account keeper but when others try to download app they get message saying app can’t be downloaded

I enabled family sharing on my phone. My family members are included and I enabled purchases, however for all apps they want to download they get a message saying the app is not available for download because it was purchased using different Apple ID.

iPhone 7, iOS 11

Posted on Sep 2, 2023 8:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2023 9:06 AM

Hey lorena1974,

We're grateful that you posted here so we can help you figure this out.

To start, we want to recommend that you update your device to the latest version of iOS available for your device. After you've done that, go ahead and turn off purchase sharing and then turn it back on. Test the issue again and hopefully you'll be back up and running. We will share the steps for these processes below to make it easy.

Thank you for being a part of the community here. We hope this information helps!

Best wishes.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 3, 2023 9:06 AM in response to lorena1974

Hey lorena1974,

We're grateful that you posted here so we can help you figure this out.

To start, we want to recommend that you update your device to the latest version of iOS available for your device. After you've done that, go ahead and turn off purchase sharing and then turn it back on. Test the issue again and hopefully you'll be back up and running. We will share the steps for these processes below to make it easy.

Thank you for being a part of the community here. We hope this information helps!

Best wishes.

Apr 30, 2024 10:51 PM in response to nathan430

My husband's iphone 8 is getting the same error message, and is unable to download any apps. He was previously able to, and our daughter has no problem downloading my Family-shared apps on her iphone 11. I also doubled-checked that all Family-sharing settings are correct according to the Apple Help Article. It is not an update issue because of how Family Sharing of apps to my daughter's phone works properly, and both her phone and my husband's phone are up to date.

Im still unable to download apps even with family sharing. I’m the main account keeper but when others try to download app they get message saying app can’t be downloaded

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.