my iMac unwantedly changes web pages based on where I leave the cursor, without me doubleclicking or performing any other actionsany other actionsthout me double

changes web pages, or even reloads current page, without any action

Posted on Sep 2, 2023 5:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2023 3:58 AM

Many websites issue a reload command periodically to make sure you see their latest data. This is by design.

Do you have any "helper" apps installed: AV, fixers. optimizers, cleaners or any app that claims to make your Mac better or faster? IF so they all need to be uninstalled per the developers instructions.

If that's not the case, then further troubleshooting is needed.

You also need to give details on your Mac: Apple Logo > About this Mac. Post the data less the serial number.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 3, 2023 3:58 AM in response to romberg99

Many websites issue a reload command periodically to make sure you see their latest data. This is by design.

Do you have any "helper" apps installed: AV, fixers. optimizers, cleaners or any app that claims to make your Mac better or faster? IF so they all need to be uninstalled per the developers instructions.

If that's not the case, then further troubleshooting is needed.

You also need to give details on your Mac: Apple Logo > About this Mac. Post the data less the serial number.

my iMac unwantedly changes web pages based on where I leave the cursor, without me doubleclicking or performing any other actionsany other actionsthout me double

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.