Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

New IOS update makes iphone vibrate

Ever since updating to IOS 16.6 my phone vibrates as if i were to charge my phone or get notifications but I don’t. It basically just lives on its own and vibrates which is annoying.

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 2, 2023 8:16 PM

4 replies

Sep 2, 2023 8:32 PM in response to Julia_1777

Julia_1777 Said:

"New IOS update makes iPhone vibrate: Ever since updating to IOS 16.6 my phone vibrates as if i were to charge my phone or get notifications but I don’t. It basically just lives on its own and vibrates which is annoying."

-------

Random Vibration Notifications:

Seems to be an Update Bug:

This seems to be a common phenomenon being reported on these forums since this update. Having just updated, it may be a bug in the update. So, report this to Apple....

Reporting this to Apple:

Do your Part: Provide Apple with feedback on this, letting them know about this issue.  Apple may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is occurring, and what bug fixes to include in updates to come.

These are just user-to-user forums. Apple rarely reads these forums as it is on their own time an will. So, Apple will know nothing of this if you don;'t report it.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: that this all began after installing an update. Include the URL of this post
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

New IOS update makes iphone vibrate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.