MacBook Pro 2010 (15 inch) Backlit Keyboard Problem

Ever since I bought my MacBook, the backlit never worked, it says it’s on max brightness but no brightness in keyboard, and I don’t know where the backlit cable is on a 15 inch model, can you guys help?

Earlier Mac models

Posted on Sep 2, 2023 9:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2023 9:43 PM

Nataliathebest9201 Said:

"MacBook Pro 2010 (15 inch) Backlit Keyboard Problem: Ever since I bought my MacBook, the backlit never worked, it says it’s on max brightness but no brightness in keyboard, and I don’t know where the backlit cable is on a 15 inch model, can you guys help?"

-------

Troubleshooting Keyboard Backlight:

A. Use these Links:

B. Reset the SMC and your NVRAM:

Applies to Intel-Based Macs Only): Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. updates), system configurations (i.e. for Screen) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 2, 2023 9:43 PM in response to Nataliathebest9201

Nataliathebest9201 Said:

"MacBook Pro 2010 (15 inch) Backlit Keyboard Problem: Ever since I bought my MacBook, the backlit never worked, it says it’s on max brightness but no brightness in keyboard, and I don’t know where the backlit cable is on a 15 inch model, can you guys help?"

-------

Troubleshooting Keyboard Backlight:

A. Use these Links:

B. Reset the SMC and your NVRAM:

Applies to Intel-Based Macs Only): Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. updates), system configurations (i.e. for Screen) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM

Sep 2, 2023 9:55 PM in response to Nataliathebest9201

Nataliathebest9201 Said:

"I reset the SMC, but not the NVRAM, because last time I reset the NVRAM on my old one, it broke the ram in my laptop"

-------

Please Define "Broke":

Was this physical or digital damage made the the RAM? Not Certain How Resetting it Would "Break the RAM". You may have help down the keys too tight. So, see about getting an external keyboard, and resetting it with that.

Sep 2, 2023 10:13 PM in response to Nataliathebest9201

Nataliathebest9201 Said:

"it Got corrupted, when I put it in my new laptop it bootloops and does the same thing my old laptop did, I threw away my old laptop thinking it was broken, but I took out all the parts."

-------

Resetting the NVRAM:

Then, if you are up to it, perform the reset once more on this Mac, this time using an external keyboard.

MacBook Pro 2010 (15 inch) Backlit Keyboard Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.