cannot login to Apple TV

It says my password is wrong...but it definitely isn't... solution to add a 6 number code after the password doesnt work.. tried it without a space after the password and with a gap between the first three numbers and the second three.. but still says its wrong. Very frustrating in this age when passwords are so complicated and difficult to put in in the first place. the message that it is wrong comes up before the verification code message arrives on my phone, so i have to start over because the password is wiped each time. I enter the password and the six number code as 1 continuous string. That doesnt work... please help.

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 3, 2023 4:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2023 11:28 PM

On what device and model is this happening? Do you have the Apple TV box [1] [2]? Or is this about the Apple TV app on a different device?

The mentioned workaround with adding the verification code to the password, is only meant for signing in on legacy models Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation) [A1378, A1427, or A1469], whose older software may not support a separate prompt for the code.

That should work for signing in for the iTunes Store. Signing in to iCloud may not work for other reasons.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 3, 2023 11:28 PM in response to Roger Mundell

On what device and model is this happening? Do you have the Apple TV box [1] [2]? Or is this about the Apple TV app on a different device?

The mentioned workaround with adding the verification code to the password, is only meant for signing in on legacy models Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation) [A1378, A1427, or A1469], whose older software may not support a separate prompt for the code.

That should work for signing in for the iTunes Store. Signing in to iCloud may not work for other reasons.

cannot login to Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.