iPhone SE

Posted on Sep 3, 2023 10:29 PM

9 replies

Sep 3, 2023 10:41 PM in response to trustl

trustl Said:

"photos that were downloaded from iCloud were accidentally lost"

-------

Troubleshooting Deleted Photos:

Loss of data is something you would have agreed to upon opening an Apple Account. So, if the following does not work, then they are gone. That's just the way it is :(

Five Tactics to Try:

A. Start here: If you're Missing Photos or Videos in the Photos app - Apple Support

B. Check Recently Deleted:

iOS16, Appel added Recently Deleted to the Photos app. So, if a mobile device with iOS16, see if they are seen there.

C. Check iCloud, Directly:

For Photos: Go here, and see if they reside in iCloudhttps://www.icloud.com/photos

D. Restore your iPhone from a Backup:

Have any backups of this iPhone prior to this occurrence? If so, restore your iPhone from one that has these photos (the most recent backup, ideally). If not, then take this as a learning experience, knowing to always back up your device for recovery purposes. Important: Back up you iPhone prior to performing this restoration, should anything go wrong from here on out.

E. Where Else to Check:

1. PC
  2. PDA
  3. eMail
  4. Mac Device
  5. Cloud Storage
  6. Android Phone
  7. USB Flash Drive
  8. External Hard drive
  9. Secure Digital Card
  10. Compact Flash Card

Sep 3, 2023 10:43 PM in response to trustl

trustl Said:

"photos that were downloaded from iCloud were accidentally lost"

-------

Troubleshooting Lost iCloud Photos:

One unique method...

Search Through a Download of iCloud:

One thought would be to download all of iCloud, and then search through it in Finder on a Mac. You would download it to an external drive, and then open the drive in Finder. Search through it using the search bar on the top-right corner of the Finder window. Enter various photo file type extensions to see what pops up. Once found, export it to another store service. Then, trash all of iCloud. Once trashed, upload from the hard drive. Use my user tip: Getting a Quick and Direct "iCloud Drive-to-External Hard Drive" Download - User Tip

Sep 3, 2023 10:49 PM in response to trustl

trustl Said:

"photos that were downloaded from iCloud were accidentally lost: There is a link to download these photos via the cvws.icloud-conten.comx website, but returns an Unauthorized error"

-------

About: "cvws.icloud-conten.comx":

Change your Apple ID Password:

Seems you may have visited a phishing site. So, I recommend you change your Apple ID Password, immediately.

Sep 3, 2023 11:04 PM in response to trustl

trustl Said:

"photos that were downloaded from iCloud were accidentally lost: so this link is from icloud, I used it to download my photos quite recently and now I have an error"

-------

About: "cvws.icloud-conten.comx":

Change your Apple ID password, just for safety purposes. You should do so every-so-often, or whenever something of suspicion occurs.

случайно были утерены фотографии которые были скачаны с icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.