Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

My iPhone max pro 13 camera is not working. When going to the app the screen is black. I’ve tried resetting, deleting app and turning off phone.

The camera screen is black and it stopped working. The FaceTime works on both cameras. I tried restarting, resetting and uninstalling the camera app. The lens are not broken either.

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 4, 2023 7:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2023 9:38 PM

Hi Lopezdaniella16

welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community!

Re: My iPhone max pro 13 camera is not working.

Apple Support has an article online that may help trouble-shoot:

What to do: If the camera or flash on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch isn't working - Apple Support

Else:

If more help is needed: you may need to contact Apple support using the link in the above article.

All the best :-)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 6, 2023 9:38 PM in response to Lopezdaniella16

Hi Lopezdaniella16

welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community!

Re: My iPhone max pro 13 camera is not working.

Apple Support has an article online that may help trouble-shoot:

What to do: If the camera or flash on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch isn't working - Apple Support

Else:

If more help is needed: you may need to contact Apple support using the link in the above article.

All the best :-)

Sep 6, 2023 10:59 PM in response to Lopezdaniella16

Ensure that the Camera app is not restricted. Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > Allowed Apps and make sure Camera is enabled. Make sure your iPhone's operating system is up to date. Sometimes, Apple releases software updates that include bug fixes for camera-related issues. To check for updates, go to Settings > General > Software Update and follow the prompts to download and install any available updates.

Sometimes, other apps running in the background can interfere with the camera. Close all background apps by double-clicking the home button (swiping up from the bottom on iPhone X or newer) and swiping the app windows up and off the screen.

My iPhone max pro 13 camera is not working. When going to the app the screen is black. I’ve tried resetting, deleting app and turning off phone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.