why wont it let me enable tracking if im 18

I need to let an app have access to my tracking and I tried to turn it on but it wont let me because it says im underaged, when I am 18.

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 4, 2023 7:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2023 8:22 AM

Click on this link to learn what it means if an app asks to track your activity --> If an app asks to track your activity - Apple Support

"In some circumstances, the "Allow Apps to Request to Track" setting can't be turned on, including: 

For users with child accounts or under age 18 by birth year, signed in with their Apple ID*"

Make sure you have the correct birthday set. If you recently turned 18, try logging out of your account and back in again as worked for multiple users in this topic --> App Tracking Age Requirements Issue - Apple Community

Click on the link to read how to 'Update the birth date associated with your Apple ID' - Update the birth date associated with your Apple ID - Apple Support

If you wish to ask Apple about this:

Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2023 8:22 AM in response to k_59g

Click on this link to learn what it means if an app asks to track your activity --> If an app asks to track your activity - Apple Support

"In some circumstances, the "Allow Apps to Request to Track" setting can't be turned on, including: 

For users with child accounts or under age 18 by birth year, signed in with their Apple ID*"

Make sure you have the correct birthday set. If you recently turned 18, try logging out of your account and back in again as worked for multiple users in this topic --> App Tracking Age Requirements Issue - Apple Community

Click on the link to read how to 'Update the birth date associated with your Apple ID' - Update the birth date associated with your Apple ID - Apple Support

If you wish to ask Apple about this:

Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support

May 16, 2024 7:29 AM in response to Limnos

Do you know for sure it was not a "bug"? I've tried all the different steps posted in this community and nothing worked. I even turned my phone off to have my device have a fresh look at Settings and this didn't work for me. I then noticed there was a software update so I installed it. This is what worked for me and maybe for others.

why wont it let me enable tracking if im 18

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.