Pictures in iMovie

When I transfer (some pictures) from my photo library to an actual iMovie,some come up black with a little dot in the middle. I can't figure out how to fix it- or why it does that for some and not for others.

Posted on Sep 4, 2023 8:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2023 9:47 AM

Hi,

If you have optimized storage enabled for the Photos app then photos that you have not opened for awhile will be stored in the cloud. You would need to download the cloud-stored photos before importing them into iMovie. You can download them by simply opening them in the Photos app library, or exporting them to your desktop and then dragging them into iMovie.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2023 9:47 AM in response to Photosinimovie

Hi,

If you have optimized storage enabled for the Photos app then photos that you have not opened for awhile will be stored in the cloud. You would need to download the cloud-stored photos before importing them into iMovie. You can download them by simply opening them in the Photos app library, or exporting them to your desktop and then dragging them into iMovie.

-- Rich

Pictures in iMovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.