How to recover permanently deleted Messages on iPhone

I accidentally deleted text messages. When I went to recover from the message page, I guess I permanently deleted them. Am I able to recover them.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone XR, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 4, 2023 12:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2024 1:57 AM

That's a bummer! So, if you've just hit delete and can't find 'em anymore, they might seem gone for good, but you've got a couple of shots at getting those messages back. Here's the lowdown:

1. iCloud Recovery: If you've got iCloud Backup enabled, there could be a snapshot of your messages chilling in the cloud. Hop into your iCloud settings and see if there's a backup from before the message-vanishing act.

2. Using a Third-Party App: There are some apps out there that claim they can dig up deleted messages. I can't vouch for all of 'em, but it's an option if you're feeling adventurous and the messages are super important.

Here, I recommend using Aiseesoft FoneLab, it is like your tech-savvy best friend who's got your back when you've lost data on your iPhone. It's a software lifesaver that helps you recover lost or deleted data directly from your iOS device, or from iTunes and iCloud backups. So, if you've ever facepalmed yourself for accidentally deleting important texts, photos, contacts, or notes, FoneLab is there to help you breathe easy and get that stuff back.

know more FoneLab: https://www.sysgeeker.com/blog/how-to-recover-deleted-imessage

If none of this works, it might be time to pour one out for those lost messages. In the future, keep those backups tight, and you'll have a safety net for next time.

17 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2024 1:57 AM in response to Textmessrecovery

That's a bummer! So, if you've just hit delete and can't find 'em anymore, they might seem gone for good, but you've got a couple of shots at getting those messages back. Here's the lowdown:

1. iCloud Recovery: If you've got iCloud Backup enabled, there could be a snapshot of your messages chilling in the cloud. Hop into your iCloud settings and see if there's a backup from before the message-vanishing act.

2. Using a Third-Party App: There are some apps out there that claim they can dig up deleted messages. I can't vouch for all of 'em, but it's an option if you're feeling adventurous and the messages are super important.

Here, I recommend using Aiseesoft FoneLab, it is like your tech-savvy best friend who's got your back when you've lost data on your iPhone. It's a software lifesaver that helps you recover lost or deleted data directly from your iOS device, or from iTunes and iCloud backups. So, if you've ever facepalmed yourself for accidentally deleting important texts, photos, contacts, or notes, FoneLab is there to help you breathe easy and get that stuff back.

know more FoneLab: https://www.sysgeeker.com/blog/how-to-recover-deleted-imessage

If none of this works, it might be time to pour one out for those lost messages. In the future, keep those backups tight, and you'll have a safety net for next time.

Feb 26, 2024 2:27 AM in response to Textmessrecovery

Oh snap, deleted texts are a real pain! But don't freak out just yet — you might still have a chance to get those messages back. If you've been syncing your iPhone with iCloud or iTunes (or Finder on the newer macOS), there could be a backup waiting to save the day. Just restore your iPhone from that backup, and it'll be like you've turned back time.

How to recover permanently deleted Messages on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.