Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

I was charged by Apple for something I did not buy but I didn't have money in the bank account

Apple has pushed through a service without being able to charge my card because I did not have the money. Instead of denying me the charge and notifying me instead they gave me the service and assumed to just charge me at a later time onto my card. Turns out I don’t have the money to pay for this and I didn’t want the service to begin with now I am held hostage and told that I have no other option but to pay for this charge and then dispute it later and then I’m not allowed to update any apps do anything that has to do with my phone or anything having to do with my products that have to do with my iCloud account, after calling customer service I’m told that I have no other option but to do as I just described.

[Re-titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 4, 2023 1:40 PM

2 replies

Sep 4, 2023 1:49 PM in response to Thedudewithaproblem

Apple has pushed through a service without being able to charge my card because I did not have the money.

Then you need to add funds to your card.

You can download free apps, but you may need to have a valid payment method on file, even if the app you want to download is free. 

Free apps has also In-app pruchase.

See -> Buy additional app features with in-app purchases and subscriptions

Buy additional app features with in-app purchases and subscriptions

See also -> Apple Media Services Terms and Conditions

Legal - Apple Media Services - Apple

If you don't have a credit card or don't want to use / can't use a credit card, you can also use your Apple Account balance as payment method.

See -> What you can buy with your Apple Gift Card or Apple Account balance

What you can buy with your Apple Gift Card or Apple Account balance – Apple Support (UK)

⤵️

and ⤵️

• You can't use your Apple Account balance to send gifts or gift cards.
  • If you use Family Sharing, your family members can't spend your Apple Account balance. Funds that you add to your Apple Account balance are only available to you. Find out more about how purchases are billed to your Apple Account balance.
  • Some purchases might require you to have a credit card on file, even if you use your Apple Account balance to make the purchase.

If you still need help, get support from Apple directly -> Get Support or call Apple in your region see -> Contact Apple for support and service 

-----

Where to buy a physical Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes gift card: at an Apple Store or an Apple Authorized Reseller in your region.

See also:  If you can't redeem your Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes Gift Card

If you can't redeem your Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes Gift Card - Apple Support

Beware of -> About Gift Card Scams -> About Gift Card Scams - Official Apple Support

I was charged by Apple for something I did not buy but I didn't have money in the bank account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.