Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

How do I recover a message, that’s not deleted but rather “pushed off” the seeable texts. iPad holds about 20messages.how do I recover messages that are pushed

How do I recover a PUSHED message. Can’t see the last few messages, cause it only holds about 20 that are visible

iPad, iPadOS 16

Posted on Sep 4, 2023 4:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2023 4:56 PM

Presumably you are using the native Messages App. You can simply scroll, with your finger, up or down the main conversation pane to see all messages in a conversation. Similarly, you can scroll through all conversations within the sidebar.

The iPad User Guide is a rich and frequently overlooked source of information about your iPad and its many features. Here is a direct link to the section of the Guide that describes setup and use of the Messages App:

Send and reply to messages on iPad - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2023 4:56 PM in response to Deeptissue12

Presumably you are using the native Messages App. You can simply scroll, with your finger, up or down the main conversation pane to see all messages in a conversation. Similarly, you can scroll through all conversations within the sidebar.

The iPad User Guide is a rich and frequently overlooked source of information about your iPad and its many features. Here is a direct link to the section of the Guide that describes setup and use of the Messages App:

Send and reply to messages on iPad - Apple Support

How do I recover a message, that’s not deleted but rather “pushed off” the seeable texts. iPad holds about 20messages.how do I recover messages that are pushed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.