Junk and spam deleted right away

Junk and spam emails have become ever increasing exponentially. I blocked over 200 senders last 3 months. If recognized messages move to trash folder, but actually I prefer these messages to be deleted right away. A setting to do this is still missing on Mac en iPhone. Apple, can you please add this option. I think many Apple users will be grateful.

Mac Studio, macOS 13.5

Posted on Sep 4, 2023 11:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2023 12:09 AM

Hello,

The Apple Support Communities are a user to user forum where users (like me) assist other users (like you). Apple does not collect feedback from the communities but they do provide a Product Feedback site for users to provide feedback, report issues, and request features. Below is a link to provide feedback about the macOS Mail App.

Feedback - Mail - Apple

That being said, you can create mail rules to achieve this. I recommend adding as many conditions as you can. It is possible for very import messages to be incorrectly marked as junk.

Use rules to manage emails you receive in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

I hope this helps.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 5, 2023 12:09 AM in response to Groeten uit 's-Graveland

Hello,

The Apple Support Communities are a user to user forum where users (like me) assist other users (like you). Apple does not collect feedback from the communities but they do provide a Product Feedback site for users to provide feedback, report issues, and request features. Below is a link to provide feedback about the macOS Mail App.

Feedback - Mail - Apple

That being said, you can create mail rules to achieve this. I recommend adding as many conditions as you can. It is possible for very import messages to be incorrectly marked as junk.

Use rules to manage emails you receive in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

I hope this helps.

Sep 5, 2023 2:15 AM in response to Groeten uit 's-Graveland

Groeten uit 's-Graveland wrote:

Junk and spam emails have become ever increasing exponentially. I blocked over 200 senders last 3 months. If recognized messages move to trash folder, but actually I prefer these messages to be deleted right away. A setting to do this is still missing on Mac en iPhone. Apple, can you please add this option. I think many Apple users will be grateful.

Adding a feature to macOS 13 Ventura at this late stage in developing Ventura is very doubtful

Simply put, probably most of Apples' Development Team is Focus on the pending release of the Successor macOS Sonoma Preview some time this Fall.

As for Deleting Spam Immediately

Have you considered Logging into your E-mail Servers Account using your Web Browser

Some e-mail servers may offer the ability to Block Identified Spammers at the Server Level

You need to use the e-mail address to Block or use the Domain Name ( the part after the @ sign as an example xx@mail.com)

Using the Domain Name is tricky as any real e-mail from a friend with that same Domain Name would also be Blocked

Then the Spammer e-mail will never even reach you Inbox on the computer

refer below

Sep 5, 2023 2:07 AM in response to Groeten uit 's-Graveland

I just realized you were talking about blocked mail filtering rather than junk mail. You can't automatically erase messages from blocked senders specifically but, you can make it so all deleted messages are permanently erased instantly by setting the Trash Mailbox to "None". This would make it so you would have no way to recover anything once it's deleted. That includes manually or as a result of a filter or rule. Messages deleted by a filter or rule could be erased before you have a chance to see them.

Junk and spam deleted right away

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.