iPad touch screen unresponsive

I have a series 6 iPad that's had an issue with touch screen for several weeks now. The centre of the screen is unresponsive, whilst other areas are fine! The issue seems to have escalated this morning, i can't enter my passcode to unlock the iPad. I've tried a full re boot previously which didn't seem to help, rotating the screen doesn't help either!

Any suggestions please

Posted on Sep 5, 2023 1:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2023 2:40 AM

As described, given that some areas of the screen respond to touch while others don't, you likely have a hardware fault that will require repair.

You would be best advised to visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where the technicians will be able to test and assess your iPad. If a fault is confirmed, you'll be in the best possible place to explore your available options:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 5, 2023 2:40 AM in response to M Mart

As described, given that some areas of the screen respond to touch while others don't, you likely have a hardware fault that will require repair.

You would be best advised to visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where the technicians will be able to test and assess your iPad. If a fault is confirmed, you'll be in the best possible place to explore your available options:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

iPad touch screen unresponsive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.