Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

blocking iPhone in other lacation

Hello,

I both IPhone 14 Pro Max in Czech Republic form Telefonica O2 and I would like to move to Ireland and work there. Is it iPhone block for Ireland. Provider told me that will work but IT guy in Ireland told me that iPhone will not work there.

It is not about my current phone but new one which was not online.

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 5, 2023 7:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2023 7:16 AM

Go to Settings/General/About and look at Carrier Lock. If it says “No SIM restrictions” it will work in Ireland. If it is locked to a carrier you will have to contact the carrier and ask them to unlock it. If you are getting a new phone make sure it is not carrier locked before you get it. This assumes that the new phone is an iPhone 8 or higher.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 5, 2023 7:16 AM in response to Housky

Go to Settings/General/About and look at Carrier Lock. If it says “No SIM restrictions” it will work in Ireland. If it is locked to a carrier you will have to contact the carrier and ask them to unlock it. If you are getting a new phone make sure it is not carrier locked before you get it. This assumes that the new phone is an iPhone 8 or higher.

blocking iPhone in other lacation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.