In general, how do I check for and remove malware on my 2020 13" MacBook?

How do I check for and remove any malware on my 2020 13" Macbook?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Sep 5, 2023 8:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2023 6:32 PM

You should only run MalwareBytes which @Niel linked if you suspect you have a malware infection. There is absolutely no need to have this app running all the time. Anti-virus apps, cleaning/optimizer apps, and third party security software are not needed on a Mac. macOS already has good built-in security especially when the user practices safe computing habits. You may want to review this excellent article written by a respected forum contributor:

Effective defenses against malware and other threats - Apple Community

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 5, 2023 6:32 PM in response to ladida-653

You should only run MalwareBytes which @Niel linked if you suspect you have a malware infection. There is absolutely no need to have this app running all the time. Anti-virus apps, cleaning/optimizer apps, and third party security software are not needed on a Mac. macOS already has good built-in security especially when the user practices safe computing habits. You may want to review this excellent article written by a respected forum contributor:

Effective defenses against malware and other threats - Apple Community

In general, how do I check for and remove malware on my 2020 13" MacBook?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.