Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Touchpad of the Apple TV remote

Hi all, the touchpad of my TV remote stopped working, I tried starting and pairing it again but still did not work.

Posted on Sep 5, 2023 12:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2024 3:29 AM

Screenshot from the link provided by @urquhart:

4 replies

Sep 5, 2023 1:28 PM in response to Estefaniasv

Please try the procedures as described in: If your Siri Remote or Apple TV Remote isn't working - Apple Support

• Charge the remote if needed,
  • Restart the Apple TV box (disconnect from power for a minute or so),
  • Restart just the remote, using the button combination,
  • Pair the remote again, using the other button combination.
  • If you still need help after that, then contact Apple Support.

Apr 23, 2024 10:22 AM in response to Estefaniasv

Or do yourself a favour and get a Function 101 remote instead. I just got one and what a difference it makes! The Siri remote, while lovely to look at, is awkward to hold and has limited controls. The Function 101 remote, on the other hand, gets rid of the trackpad altogether, replacing it with arrow keys that are far more accurate than that mushy trackpad! It also can turn your TV and soundbar on. Mine did it right out of the box, but you can also have it learn the correct codes for your setup. (I do not work for the company that makes Function 101, I just love it!)

Touchpad of the Apple TV remote

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.