I might have deleted system preferences, how can I reinstall

I have looked to find it in system settings and finder without any luck.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 13.5

Posted on Sep 5, 2023 1:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2023 2:57 PM

The joy of System Settings moving everything around, and dropping some things that System Preferences used to do. Only iPad and iPhone users switching to the Mac will find System Settings enjoyable. The rest of us, just scream 😱

Start by using the search box in System Settings. That can generally find the section you need to play with.

If you Home Screen, you mean your desktop wallpaper, then search for "wallpaper" and you will find it.

If you mean something else by "Home Screen" please attempt to clarify, as IdrisSeabright has asked.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 6, 2023 2:57 PM in response to turbo4512

The joy of System Settings moving everything around, and dropping some things that System Preferences used to do. Only iPad and iPhone users switching to the Mac will find System Settings enjoyable. The rest of us, just scream 😱

Start by using the search box in System Settings. That can generally find the section you need to play with.

If you Home Screen, you mean your desktop wallpaper, then search for "wallpaper" and you will find it.

If you mean something else by "Home Screen" please attempt to clarify, as IdrisSeabright has asked.

I might have deleted system preferences, how can I reinstall

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.