Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Can I connect my Xbox to MacBook Pro 16"

I know the usb port is only to transfer your Mac screen to another, but, if I get a usb-c to HDMI adapter can I connect my Xbox to my Mac?

MacBook Pro (M2 Pro, 2023)

Posted on Sep 5, 2023 2:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2023 3:32 PM

The highest data rate of anything on your Mac is the data rate for display data. The MacBook Pro is purpose-built as a computing device with built-in display.

Macs do not have ANY display Inputs -- the data rates are too high, and the timing is too unforgiving to support that. To use an external display on your Xbox, connect a purpose built device with display INPUTS. Such as a TV set.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 5, 2023 3:32 PM in response to Thefoxmoonlight

The highest data rate of anything on your Mac is the data rate for display data. The MacBook Pro is purpose-built as a computing device with built-in display.

Macs do not have ANY display Inputs -- the data rates are too high, and the timing is too unforgiving to support that. To use an external display on your Xbox, connect a purpose built device with display INPUTS. Such as a TV set.

Can I connect my Xbox to MacBook Pro 16"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.