What is Macintosh System Error -1407?

I am trying to export a PDF to a Word doc and I keep receiving a -1407 system error message. What is -1407? I've searched the Web and found nothing. Is there a page on Apple's support site that lists error messages?

Thanks for the help,

Paul

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Sep 5, 2023 6:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2023 4:43 PM

Okay, you can provide the PDF file buy either using Adobe Acrobat Pro or you can use the Preview app which is preinstalled on your computer and do a Save As and save your file as a PDF.

For the Word doc you can download the free app LibreOffice and then once you have the file open, do a Save As and select the file type for your client.

However, by asking you it needs to be readable as a MS Word document, he's only giving you part of the story. He needs to be more specific as Word has multiple formats. If he doesn't know just do the Save As as a .doc document. His request is kind of like a realtor has to face with new clients looking for a home. They cannot just say I want a house in Manhattan, they have to be specific like I want a 5 bedroom, 2 story home with 6000 sq. ft. and it must cost less than $750,000 and be newly remodeled. With that information the realtor can then tell them they are dreaming as you simply won't find what he's looking for in that price range in Manhattan.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 6, 2023 4:43 PM in response to petrivilino

Okay, you can provide the PDF file buy either using Adobe Acrobat Pro or you can use the Preview app which is preinstalled on your computer and do a Save As and save your file as a PDF.

For the Word doc you can download the free app LibreOffice and then once you have the file open, do a Save As and select the file type for your client.

However, by asking you it needs to be readable as a MS Word document, he's only giving you part of the story. He needs to be more specific as Word has multiple formats. If he doesn't know just do the Save As as a .doc document. His request is kind of like a realtor has to face with new clients looking for a home. They cannot just say I want a house in Manhattan, they have to be specific like I want a 5 bedroom, 2 story home with 6000 sq. ft. and it must cost less than $750,000 and be newly remodeled. With that information the realtor can then tell them they are dreaming as you simply won't find what he's looking for in that price range in Manhattan.

What is Macintosh System Error -1407?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.