Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Mac OS error code -36

I'm on MacOS Ventura 13.6. I'm encountering an error "The Finder can’t complete the operation because some data in “XXX.pptx” can’t be read or written when I tried to move the file to trash. However, I'm able to open the file in powerpoint.

Any suggestions?

Posted on Oct 17, 2023 11:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2023 9:10 AM

ramfromfremont wrote:

I'm on MacOS Ventura 13.6. I'm encountering an error "The Finder can’t complete the operation because some data in “XXX.pptx” can’t be read or written when I tried to move the file to trash. However, I'm able to open the file in powerpoint.

Any suggestions?

If in doubt refer to the developers website; Support/Help/FAQ/known issues/compatibility /updates/uninstall:

Contact a third party vendor

Contact a third-party vendor - Apple Support

You can create and edit a PPTX file on PowerPoint simply by selecting File>Open>New Slideshow. If you're a Mac user, you can simply double click your PPTX file to open it on Keynote.

How to open, view and edit a .PPTX file - Adobe

ref:

Adobe Help Center

Adobe Customer Support

Adobe Resolve app issues

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/open-a-file-that-has-restricted-permissions-c7a70797-6b1e-493f-acf7-92a39b85e30c?ns=macpowerpoint&version=90&ui=en-us&rs=en-us&ad=us

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 18, 2023 9:10 AM in response to ramfromfremont

ramfromfremont wrote:

Any suggestions?

If in doubt refer to the developers website; Support/Help/FAQ/known issues/compatibility /updates/uninstall:

Contact a third party vendor

Contact a third-party vendor - Apple Support

You can create and edit a PPTX file on PowerPoint simply by selecting File>Open>New Slideshow. If you're a Mac user, you can simply double click your PPTX file to open it on Keynote.

How to open, view and edit a .PPTX file - Adobe

ref:

Adobe Help Center

Adobe Customer Support

Adobe Resolve app issues

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/open-a-file-that-has-restricted-permissions-c7a70797-6b1e-493f-acf7-92a39b85e30c?ns=macpowerpoint&version=90&ui=en-us&rs=en-us&ad=us

Mac OS error code -36

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.