Iphone 12 mini wont turn on and overheats

my iPhone 12 mini keeps overheating and turning off when i'm not doing anything and all my apps are closed so there should be nothing that makes the phone overheat and when it does it affects another issue where my phone will turn off for 3 hours and wont accept charge and when it does the battery is completely drained my iPhone has been replaced 2 times before for this same issue and it still persists at first i was told it was a software bug in one of my I cloud backups and resetting the phone without restoring it from a i cloud backup would fix the issue it hasn't over the course of the phones lifetime so far I've had this issue occur 20+ times any advice of what i should do or should i report this directly to apple to see if they can do anything even though they say unless the phone fails one of their tests they cant do anything

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 6, 2023 12:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2023 12:07 AM

My experience says this is purely caused by some third-party app that you may have installed.

I am not aware of the ambient temperature in which you are using the iPhone. However --> Keeping iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch within acceptable ...

Store the device where the temperature is between -20º and 45º C (-4º to 113º F). Don’t leave the device in your car, because temperatures in parked cars can exceed this range.

Use iOS devices where the ambient temperature is between 0º and 35º C (32º to 95º F). Low- or high-temperature conditions might cause the device to change its behavior to regulate its temperature. Using an iOS device in very cold conditions outside of its operating range might temporarily shorten battery life and could cause the device to turn off. Battery life will return to normal when you bring the device back to higher ambient temperatures. Using an iOS device in very hot conditions can permanently shorten battery life.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 7, 2023 12:07 AM in response to Glitchtrap

My experience says this is purely caused by some third-party app that you may have installed.

I am not aware of the ambient temperature in which you are using the iPhone. However --> Keeping iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch within acceptable ...

Store the device where the temperature is between -20º and 45º C (-4º to 113º F). Don’t leave the device in your car, because temperatures in parked cars can exceed this range.

Use iOS devices where the ambient temperature is between 0º and 35º C (32º to 95º F). Low- or high-temperature conditions might cause the device to change its behavior to regulate its temperature. Using an iOS device in very cold conditions outside of its operating range might temporarily shorten battery life and could cause the device to turn off. Battery life will return to normal when you bring the device back to higher ambient temperatures. Using an iOS device in very hot conditions can permanently shorten battery life.

Iphone 12 mini wont turn on and overheats

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.