Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Message popped up on my iPhone 13 Pro max saying my phone is severely damaged by viruses

Just got a little message popped up on my iPhone 13 Promax saying my phone is severely damaged by viruses, soon my SIM card will be corrupt and it will damage my contact, photos, etc.

It is not a iMessage it popped up in the middle of the phone screen. Does anyone know what this is?

thank you

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Sep 6, 2023 5:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2023 5:25 PM

You don't have any viruses on your phone, it is a scam message designed to get you to purchase unnecessary software.

Read more about it here -

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support 

5 replies

Sep 6, 2023 5:13 PM in response to Bunnyjj

Bunnyjj Said:

"Questions: Just got a little message popped up on my iPhone 13 Promax saying my phone is severely damaged by viruses, soon my SIM card will be corrupt and it will damage my contact, photos, etc. It is not a iMessage it popped up in the middle of the phone screen. Does anyone know what this is? thank you"

-------

Report this Message:

This is fraudulent. So, block the number and report scam messages info to Apple and others: Use my User: Using the Photos App to Report Scams - User Tip

Message popped up on my iPhone 13 Pro max saying my phone is severely damaged by viruses

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.