Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

No option to set viewing PDF's using Preview in fullscreen to Continuous Scroll by default.

When I open PDF's using preview and go to Full Screen, I have to manually change the view style to continuous scroll every time. Not able to find a setting where I can keep this as default.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 14.0

Posted on Sep 6, 2023 9:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2023 3:30 AM

Preview has no permanent setting for continuous scrolling that spans all PDFs that you open. If you open a PDF, disable thumbnails, and enable continuous scrolling on a specific PDF, subsequent opens of that PDF will reflect those settings. Even if you open and configure other PDFs with different settings in the interim.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 7, 2023 3:30 AM in response to Dark_Wiz

Preview has no permanent setting for continuous scrolling that spans all PDFs that you open. If you open a PDF, disable thumbnails, and enable continuous scrolling on a specific PDF, subsequent opens of that PDF will reflect those settings. Even if you open and configure other PDFs with different settings in the interim.

No option to set viewing PDF's using Preview in fullscreen to Continuous Scroll by default.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.