Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

NOT to show page number in continuous scroll mode of preview

When I use preview to read pdf files with preview in the mode of full screen and continuous scroll, I don't want to see page numbers flash on the top of the screen. How can I set to avoid it?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 30, 2023 3:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2023 8:24 AM

There is no page number suppression setting in Preview, regardless of viewing mode. If page numbers existed in the source document from which the PDF was created, then those page numbers will be present in the PDF header or footer where they originally appeared in the source document.

2 replies

Aug 30, 2023 4:35 AM in response to xyjy

Do not believe this is possible In Full Screen Mode

Try this is normal mode and dues the page numbering appear ?

Not what the user wants >>

Then have a few suggestions ;

1 - Get Support Choose a product and we’ll find you the best solution.Start now and open an Apple Support Ticket as they are Apple Employees to deal will these types of issues . 

2 - Product Feedback - Apple and make it known to Apple regarding this ongoing issue.

At this stage in the development of macOS 12 Monterey, it is doubtful Apple will make a Feature changes.

Apple will still support Monterey macOS 12 for maybe another 2 more years with Security Updates but nothing more

All the Focus has probably switched to Sonoma macOS 14 due out some time in the Fall of this year

macOS Sonoma Preview - Apple (CA)

NOT to show page number in continuous scroll mode of preview

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.