iMessage Block

I know someone had me

blocked on imessage. we were fighting and he told me he would block me. my last text was sent as a text message but when i go back to the conversation it will at first say like text message and then immediately change to imessag where you would type out your text to send. now that might just be because he has an iphone but is that linked to being unblocked? i know i could easily call to see if i still am but i would just not want him to get a notification that i called if that’s the case.

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 7, 2023 7:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2023 8:16 AM

lizzybitsyspiderr wrote:

I know someone had me
blocked on imessage. we were fighting and he told me he would block me. my last text was sent as a text message but when i go back to the conversation it will at first say like text message and then immediately change to imessag where you would type out your text to send. now that might just be because he has an iphone but is that linked to being unblocked? i know i could easily call to see if i still am but i would just not want him to get a notification that i called if that’s the case.

There is no way to know for certain if you have been blocked other than the person telling you. If you have truly been blocked, the person will receive no notifications when you attempt to contact them.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 7, 2023 8:16 AM in response to lizzybitsyspiderr

lizzybitsyspiderr wrote:

I know someone had me

There is no way to know for certain if you have been blocked other than the person telling you. If you have truly been blocked, the person will receive no notifications when you attempt to contact them.

iMessage Block

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.