Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Does IOS 16.6 synch with mac os 10.15.7?

Does IOS 16.6 synch with mac os 10.15.7? I back up my iPhone 12 to my macbook pro 13 (mid 2012) running Catalina 10.15.7. I cannot update the MacBook pro beyond that. The current IOS update is to 16.6. Does this synch with the Catalina 10.15.7? I saw a blurb on the internet that says for Catalina go to 16.5. There were no more details. I have been burned in the past by upgrading beyond the capability of a Mac OS. I hope to avoid that. Right now I am running IOS 16.1.2 and it synchs with Catalina. What I have seen on the Apple website is device compatibility, but not operating system compatibility. I have no desire to backup to the Cloud. Thank you.

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 7, 2023 1:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2023 1:06 PM

Yes, 16.6 will sync with Catalina.

3 replies

Does IOS 16.6 synch with mac os 10.15.7?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.