Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Early 2020 MacBook Air has blue tint all of a sudden

Out of nowhere, my screen started glitching. There were a few lines; now, it's entirely blue, at least what would normally be white. The photos provided do not capture how strong the blue tint is; it is turquoise. I am wondering if this is an issue with my computer, if others are going through this, and if there are ways to fix it? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.3

Posted on Sep 7, 2023 8:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2023 8:52 PM

ailin0712 Said:

"Early 2020 MacBook Air has blue tint all of a sudden: Out of nowhere, my screen started glitching. There were a few lines; now, it's entirely blue, at least what would normally be white. The photos provided do not capture how strong the blue tint is; it is turquoise. I am wondering if this is an issue with my computer, if others are going through this, and if there are ways to fix it? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!"

-------

Thank you for the photo.

Troubleshooting a Off-Color Mac Screen:

Boot in Safe Mode:

(Hold Down: the shift key upon boot). In Safe Mode, login items do not load at log in, certain System Preferences are set aside, and damaged system files (caches) are fixed.

B. Create a New Administrator User:

Are you logged in as an Administrator? Create a new Administrator user, and see if this still occurs while you are logged into a different Administrator user. If not, then it is something configured in your current user. If so, then is is an issue with the entire MacOS. So, from there, delete the current user and then just use this new administrator account. You would move all of your files over to it. See if that fixes it.

C. Reinstall the macOS:

Go Here: How to Reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - Apple SupportImportant: Be certain to create a backup of your Mac prior to all of this. That way, you can have something to restore from the Mac from, should anything go wrong with the reinstall. Once reinstalled, try this once more.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 7, 2023 8:52 PM in response to ailin0712

ailin0712 Said:

"Early 2020 MacBook Air has blue tint all of a sudden: Out of nowhere, my screen started glitching. There were a few lines; now, it's entirely blue, at least what would normally be white. The photos provided do not capture how strong the blue tint is; it is turquoise. I am wondering if this is an issue with my computer, if others are going through this, and if there are ways to fix it? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!"

-------

Thank you for the photo.

Troubleshooting a Off-Color Mac Screen:

Boot in Safe Mode:

(Hold Down: the shift key upon boot). In Safe Mode, login items do not load at log in, certain System Preferences are set aside, and damaged system files (caches) are fixed.

B. Create a New Administrator User:

Are you logged in as an Administrator? Create a new Administrator user, and see if this still occurs while you are logged into a different Administrator user. If not, then it is something configured in your current user. If so, then is is an issue with the entire MacOS. So, from there, delete the current user and then just use this new administrator account. You would move all of your files over to it. See if that fixes it.

C. Reinstall the macOS:

Go Here: How to Reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - Apple SupportImportant: Be certain to create a backup of your Mac prior to all of this. That way, you can have something to restore from the Mac from, should anything go wrong with the reinstall. Once reinstalled, try this once more.

Early 2020 MacBook Air has blue tint all of a sudden

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.