Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Turn off alarm setting on iPad. No delete option appears

I cannot seem to get rid of an alarm setting when no longer needed. I touch edit but no delete option appears on my iPad 6th generation

iPad mini, iOS 12

Posted on Sep 8, 2023 3:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2023 4:48 PM

Re: "Turn off alarm setting on iPad. No delete option appears on my iPad 6th generation"

Wondering what kind of alarm you have set, and where you are trying to edit that:

Maybe a tap on edit actually turns that alarm off, (and allows the option to just change the time).

For "Clock: alarm:

Seems you are using iOS12 on your iPad: See: Set an alarm or bedtime schedule on iPad - Apple Support for tips.

Eg: It could be a "bedTime" reminder.

Turn off Bedtime reminders: Tap the Bedtime switch.

If it is not a :"Clock" alarm: Eg: Is a notification sound:

"To turn off notifications selectively for apps, go to Settings > Notifications > Siri Suggestions,

then turn off any app." Change notification settings on iPad - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 8, 2023 4:48 PM in response to CLDA4

Re: "Turn off alarm setting on iPad. No delete option appears on my iPad 6th generation"

Wondering what kind of alarm you have set, and where you are trying to edit that:

Maybe a tap on edit actually turns that alarm off, (and allows the option to just change the time).

For "Clock: alarm:

Seems you are using iOS12 on your iPad: See: Set an alarm or bedtime schedule on iPad - Apple Support for tips.

Eg: It could be a "bedTime" reminder.

Turn off Bedtime reminders: Tap the Bedtime switch.

If it is not a :"Clock" alarm: Eg: Is a notification sound:

"To turn off notifications selectively for apps, go to Settings > Notifications > Siri Suggestions,

then turn off any app." Change notification settings on iPad - Apple Support

Turn off alarm setting on iPad. No delete option appears

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.