my apple watch does not lock on after a transaction?

when I look at my Apple Watch sometimes is locked and sometimes it is not. I am concerning about my wallet app is there and I use it many times for transactions

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 8, 2023 6:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2023 7:26 AM

If you have Wrist Detection enabled, your watch should never be locked when it's on your wrist. Check, in the Watch app on the phone, Passcode>Wrist Detection. Is it own.

Or are you really asking about whether or not the screen is dark? Which model watch do you have? If you have an Apple Watch 5 or later, it supports Always On Display meaning, if you have that enabled, the screen never goes dark. You can check your settings in the Watch app on your phone under Display & Brightness.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 8, 2023 7:26 AM in response to Lida1962

If you have Wrist Detection enabled, your watch should never be locked when it's on your wrist. Check, in the Watch app on the phone, Passcode>Wrist Detection. Is it own.

Or are you really asking about whether or not the screen is dark? Which model watch do you have? If you have an Apple Watch 5 or later, it supports Always On Display meaning, if you have that enabled, the screen never goes dark. You can check your settings in the Watch app on your phone under Display & Brightness.

my apple watch does not lock on after a transaction?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.