I am unable to send messages to Android users after the iOS update

I have turned my phone off and back on & send as SMS is also on however I'm not getting any of my messages out.

I use this phone for business and this has become a HUGE problem. Please help!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 8, 2023 7:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2023 8:36 AM

LifewithLisa wrote:

I have turned my phone off and back on & send as SMS is also on however I'm not getting any of my messages out.

not an ios, iphone or Apple issue, SMS is a phone carrier feature, that you pay a monthly service to. Report the issue to them so they can resolve it for you.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 8, 2023 8:36 AM in response to LifewithLisa

LifewithLisa wrote:

not an ios, iphone or Apple issue, SMS is a phone carrier feature, that you pay a monthly service to. Report the issue to them so they can resolve it for you.

Jun 4, 2024 3:26 AM in response to LifewithLisa

My sister, Noel, recently had this same issue. I was able to resolve it after hours of failed attempts (factory reset, network reset, activation of eSIM card, etc.)

What finally worked was removing the physical SIM card, followed by a network reset, followed by reinserting the Network SIM card, followed by a final Network SIM card reset.

I hope this helps some people. My sister had the issue for 3 months and it was a major problem for her.

I am unable to send messages to Android users after the iOS update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.