My iPhone 14 promax will not back up to iCloud. It says I don’t have enough storage. But I do.

I have 50 gigs of storage and I have used 35%. It says that my new iPhone 14 promax cannot back up.

Posted on Sep 8, 2023 8:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2023 8:46 AM

Please check you have enough iCloud Storage.

Connect to the Internet over WiFI and keep it connected to power.

Please check iCloud available storage vis-a-vis the backup space required.

Alternative: Choose what to backup and what not to.

Settings > [Tap your Name] > iCloud > iCloud Storage > Backups > [Select your Device, if you have more than one] >

Here You have the next backup size

Choose data to backup. Disable the apps which may consume more space and are not important to you. Note this only backup data within App, not the app itself.

Do not forget to tap "Show all Apps" to see all the apps' data that is getting backed up.

Watch the GIF below to know the size of the next backup.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 8, 2023 8:46 AM in response to Lizd7

Please check you have enough iCloud Storage.

Connect to the Internet over WiFI and keep it connected to power.

Please check iCloud available storage vis-a-vis the backup space required.

Alternative: Choose what to backup and what not to.

Settings > [Tap your Name] > iCloud > iCloud Storage > Backups > [Select your Device, if you have more than one] >

Here You have the next backup size

Choose data to backup. Disable the apps which may consume more space and are not important to you. Note this only backup data within App, not the app itself.

Do not forget to tap "Show all Apps" to see all the apps' data that is getting backed up.

Watch the GIF below to know the size of the next backup.

My iPhone 14 promax will not back up to iCloud. It says I don’t have enough storage. But I do.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.