My iPhone 8 and Mac are hacked.

Unable to access AT&T 5G via my unlimited data plan. They use mobile hacking to block my access wherever I am. I have been cyberstalked for decades. I’m even receiving an error message now while to post this message to Apple Support

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 8, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 8, 2023 11:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2023 1:31 PM

MeowMeow1691 wrote:

Unable to access AT&T 5G via my unlimited data plan.

That's because the iPhone 8 does not support 5G. It has some support for LTE (which I believe also goes by the name 4G), but it's hard to connect to a cell tower using 5G if your phone doesn't have a 5G-capable radio.

iPhone 8 - Technical Specifications

No "mobile hacking" or "cyberstalking" explanation required.

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 8, 2023 1:31 PM in response to MeowMeow1691

MeowMeow1691 wrote:

Unable to access AT&T 5G via my unlimited data plan.

That's because the iPhone 8 does not support 5G. It has some support for LTE (which I believe also goes by the name 4G), but it's hard to connect to a cell tower using 5G if your phone doesn't have a 5G-capable radio.

iPhone 8 - Technical Specifications

No "mobile hacking" or "cyberstalking" explanation required.

Sep 8, 2023 5:04 PM in response to MeowMeow1691

MeowMeow1691 wrote:

I have seen 5G displayed on my phone multiple times when on WiFi.

5G does not mean the same thing for Wi-Fi as it does for cell phone service.

• 5G in the context of cell phone service is a reference to the fifth generation of cellular networks
  • 5G in the context of Wi-Fi is a reference to channels in the 5 GHz radio band

Also, the guy at the Genius Bar at my local Best Buy said that this iPhone 8 was 5G compliant.

That settles the matter then. Some random guy at a "Genius Bar" at a Best Buy couldn't possibly be wrong, no matter what Apple and half a dozen Web sites all say about the capabilities of the phone.

I upgraded to this iPhone in last year because AT&T said they were requiring me to upgrade to a 5G phone. I had a 5S and AT&T said that it wouldn’t work on their new 5G network.

The iPhone 5S supports various 3G and 4G LTE frequencies, but no 5G ones. So if AT&T said that the iPhone 5S would not work as a 5G phone, they were correct.

Whoever told you that the iPhone 8 supported 5G did not do you any favors.

Sep 8, 2023 11:20 AM in response to MeowMeow1691

It is highly unlikely that your devices have been hacked, especially your iPhone. Unless you have jailbroken your iPhone or you are a high profile journalist, activist or politician whose data would be worth hundreds of thousands of dollars to access, hacking is not the cause of your issue.

"403 Forbidden" is a message generated by the server. Sometimes, it's just a glitch. As you have obviously been able to access this website, it appears to have been temporary.

If you are having issues with your cellular plan, that is something you'll need to discuss with AT&T.

Sep 8, 2023 4:26 PM in response to KiltedTim

Thanks for the info. My calls are intercepted as part of the hacking. I have seen 5G displayed on my phone multiple times when on WiFi. Also, the guy at the Genius Bar at my local Best Buy said that this iPhone 8 was 5G compliant. I upgraded to this iPhone in last year because AT&T said they were requiring me to upgrade to a 5G phone. I had a 5S and AT&T said that it wouldn’t work on their new 5G network.

Sep 9, 2023 12:14 PM in response to MeowMeow1691

MeowMeow1691 wrote:

So is there any way to run the new iOS security update other than over WiFi which I no longer have?

You will need WiFi to update over the air. Failing that, you can update using a computer with your computer, assuming it has an Internet connection (wired, obviously, as if it had a wireless connection, you wouldn't be asking this question).

My iPhone 8 and Mac are hacked.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.