Cant reinstall macOS after wiping macbook air

i lost my macbook air and wiped everything and recently found it again and everywhere i go it says to reinstall macOS but when i do all im left is this imagei've tried everything to make a disk but nothing will work

Posted on Sep 8, 2023 3:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2023 6:13 PM

You need to follow these instructions: Use Disk Utility to erase an Intel-based Mac - Apple Support

Just prior to Step 4, you need to select the View menu > Show All Devices. Then, you need to select the internal storage device. "Device" in this context means a hardware component with an immutable name such as "APPLE SSD... MEDIA".

That's what you need to select, and erase.

After that you can quit Disk Utility and return to the screen in your screenshot.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 8, 2023 6:13 PM in response to crazyhandz

You need to follow these instructions: Use Disk Utility to erase an Intel-based Mac - Apple Support

Just prior to Step 4, you need to select the View menu > Show All Devices. Then, you need to select the internal storage device. "Device" in this context means a hardware component with an immutable name such as "APPLE SSD... MEDIA".

That's what you need to select, and erase.

After that you can quit Disk Utility and return to the screen in your screenshot.

Cant reinstall macOS after wiping macbook air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.