iPad Pro (4th gen.) doesn't seem to back up to iCloud. How can I resolve this?

My iPad Pro 4th generation 12.9” ver 16.6.1 won't back up automatically or manually. Can someone please help me? Thanks.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad Pro (4th generation)

Posted on Sep 8, 2023 3:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2023 5:38 PM

Thanks for reaching out Mpv2566,

It sounds like you're having trouble backing up with iCloud, we can help.

A good place to start is with these steps to see How to back up your iPhone or iPad with iCloud:

Automatically back up with iCloud Backup
1. Make sure that iCloud Backup is turned on in Settings > [your name] > iCloud > iCloud Backup.
2. Connect your device to a power source.
3. Connect your device to a Wi-Fi network.
4. Make sure that your device's screen is locked.
5. If you get an alert says that you don't have enough iCloud storage space to complete the backup, follow the onscreen steps to buy more storage.

If you continue having difficulty, you may want to try backing up using a Mac or Windows PC instead.

Hope that helps.

Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 9, 2023 5:38 PM in response to Mpv2566

Thanks for reaching out Mpv2566,

It sounds like you're having trouble backing up with iCloud, we can help.

A good place to start is with these steps to see How to back up your iPhone or iPad with iCloud:

Automatically back up with iCloud Backup
1. Make sure that iCloud Backup is turned on in Settings > [your name] > iCloud > iCloud Backup.
2. Connect your device to a power source.
3. Connect your device to a Wi-Fi network.
4. Make sure that your device's screen is locked.
5. If you get an alert says that you don't have enough iCloud storage space to complete the backup, follow the onscreen steps to buy more storage.

If you continue having difficulty, you may want to try backing up using a Mac or Windows PC instead.

Hope that helps.

Take care.

Sep 11, 2023 11:41 AM in response to Mpv2566

Hello Mpv2566,

Thanks for the additional information regarding your backup issues.

The next step is to follow the steps listed in this support article. This simple step can resolve issues like this:

If you can't back up to iCloud - Apple Support

If you need continued assistance, please reach out to the AppleCare phone support team via this link: Get Support.

All the best.

iPad Pro (4th gen.) doesn't seem to back up to iCloud. How can I resolve this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.